I had previously hosted a version of this list on my university web site, but my account expired after I graduated.
Journal papers (peer-reviewed)
- Kang, CA, Brandt, AR, Durlofsky, LJ, Jayaweera, I. 2016. Assessment of advanced solvent-based post-combustion CO2 capture processes using a bi-objective optimization technique. Applied Energy, 179(2016):1209-1219. doi:10.1016/j.apenergy.2016.07.062 [paper preprint pdf, 4,176 kB]
- Kang, CA, Brandt, AR, Durlofsky, LJ. 2016. A new carbon capture proxy model for optimizing the design and time-varying operation of a coal-natural gas power station. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 48(2016):234-252. doi:10.1016/j.ijggc.2015.11.023 [paper preprint pdf, 6,297 kB] [supplementary material pdf, 1,146 kB]
- Brodrick, PG, Kang, CA, Brandt, AR, Durlofsky, LJ. 2015. Optimization of carbon-capture-enabled coal-gas-solar power generation. Energy, 79(2015):149-162. doi:10.1016/j.energy.2014.11.003 [paper preprint pdf, 2,723 kB]
- Kang, CA, Brandt, AR, Durlofsky, LJ. 2014. Optimizing heat integration in a flexible coal-natural gas power station with CO2 capture. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 31(2014):138-152. doi:10.1016/j.ijggc.2014.09.019 [paper preprint pdf, 2,341 kB] [supplementary material pdf, 721 kB]
- Kang, CA, Brandt, AR, Durlofsky, LJ. 2011. Optimal operation of an integrated energy system including fossil fuel power generation, CO2 capture and wind. Energy, 36(12):6806-6820. doi:10.1016/j.energy.2011.10.015 [paper preprint pdf, 950 kB]
- McClure, MW, Kang, CA. 2017. A three-dimensional reservoir, wellbore, and hydraulic fracturing simulator that is compositional and thermal, tracks proppant and water solute transport, includes non-Darcy and non-Newtonian flow, and handles fracture closure. SPE-182593-MS. Presented at the Society of Petroleum Engineers Reservoir Simulation Conference, Montgomery, Texas, USA, February 20-22, 2017. doi:10.2118/182593-MS [paper under restrictive copyright -- e-mail me for a copy]
- Kang, CA, Brandt, AR, Durlofsky, LJ. 2013. Optimal heat integration in a coal-natural gas energy park with CO2 capture. Energy Procedia, 37(2013):2715-2726. The 11th International Conference on Greenhouse Gas Control Technologies (GHGT-11), Kyoto, Japan, November 18-22, 2012. doi:10.1016/j.egypro.2013.06.156 [paper preprint pdf, 846 kB] [poster pdf, 2,534 kB]
- Kang, CA, Brandt, AR, Durlofsky, LJ. 2012. Impact of CO2 emissions policy and system configuration on optimal operation of an integrated fossil-renewable energy park. CMTC paper 151446. Carbon Management Technology Conference, Orlando, Florida, USA, February 7-9, 2012.doi:10.7122/151446-MS [paper under restrictive copyright -- e-mail me for a copy] [slides pdf, 2,157 kB]
Major conference presentations (no paper)
- Brodrick, PG, Kang, CA, Brandt, AR, Durlofsky, LJ. 2013. Optimal design and operation of integrated energy systems incorporating CO2 capture, with application to coal-gas and coal-gas-solar thermal configurations. Abstract #306617. Poster presented at the Carbon Management Technology Conference (CMTC 2013), Alexandria, Virginia, USA, October 21-23, 2013. URL: http://www3.aiche.org/proceedings/Abstract.aspx?PaperID=306617
- Nightingale, RW, Frank, ZA, Metcalf, TR, Kang, CA. TRACE and SOHO/MDI observations of five X-flares from AR10720, the "Fireworks Active Region", on January 15-20, 2005. Abstract #SP21A-10. Poster presented at the American Geophysical Union Spring Meeting 2005, San Francisco, California, USA, January 15-20, 2005. URL: http://esoads.eso.org/abs/2005AGUSMSP21A..10N
- Kang, CA. 2015. Computational Optimization of Design and Variable Operation of CO2-Capture-Enabled Coal-Natural Gas Power Plants. PhD Thesis. Readers: Sally Benson, Adam Brandt, Lou Durlofsky. URL: https://pangea.stanford.edu/ERE/db/pereports/record_detail.php?filename=Kang2015.pdf
Contents largely overlap with Kang, Brandt, Durlofsky (2014, 2016) and Kang, Brandt, Durlofsky, Jayweera (2016).
- Kang, CA. 2011. Optimal Operation of an Integrated Energy Park Including Fossil Fuel Power Generation, CO2 Capture and Wind. MS Thesis. Readers: Adam Brandt, Lou Durlofsky. URL: https://pangea.stanford.edu/ERE/db/pereports/record_detail.php?filename=Kang2011.pdf
Contents overlap with Kang, Brandt, Durlofsky (2011).